Meet our beautiful sewing pattern, The Sun Dress. Perfect for all year round, it‘s a great look for warmer months when you need a dress that‘s smart enough for the office yet stylish enough for weekend brunch. Throw a casual jacket or cardigan over the dress when the weather is cooler.
Team it with some luxury fabric and you‘ll also have your go-to formal dress for a range of occasions from wedding guest to evening events.
The Sun Dress features a fitted bodice with a square neckline, wide modern straps and a button-down front. The bodice has a front side dart and the back a waist dart. A pleated skirt with pockets offers a fun, flattering silhouette as well as comfort and practicality for your day-to-day activities.
The wide skirt hem finishes the look. The dress is fastened by a concealed zipper at the back.
Pattern sizes – UK 6 – UK 22
Skill level – Intermediate
The Sun Dress is suitable for light to medium-weight fabrics such as cotton, chambray and linen. Consider making The Sun Dress in light-weight striped linen for a classic take on the French Riviera style.
Fabric, thread, 41cm/16″ invisible zipper, four 2cm buttons, 25cm/20″ iron on interfacing
112cm / 44″ wide
UK6 – UK12 = 2.4m
UK14 – UK20 – 2.5m
* Size UK22 needs to be fitted onto 114cm / 45″ wide fabric and would require 2.5mts
145cm / 57″ wide
UK6 – UK12 – 2mts
UK14 – UK22 – 2.4mts
- Pattern printed on high-quality pattern paper
- Beautiful step by step instruction booklet
- Guide to taking your measurements
- Fabric and Sewing basics help card
- Sewing Terms Demystified card
- Checklist card to ensure you have covered everything before starting your project
- All of this encased in a big beautiful re-closable envelope
Don’t want to wait for the postman? The Sun Dress is available in a digital version. You will be redirected to this product in our Etsy shop.
Have you seen The Sun Dress sewing kits?