Absolute beginners class! Get sewing machine savvy in this beginner’s workshop and leave with a beautiful envelope cushion (fabric, thread and cushion pad provided).
The workshop covers:
- Machine safety
- Learn the different functions of the sewing machine
- Threading the machine
- Winding a bobbin
- Changing a needle, needle position, needle size
- Master sewing machine speed control
- Sewing straight lines, curves and corners
- Sewing seams (understanding seam allowance)
- Finishing seams and reverse stitching
- Using a seam ripper
- Care of your machine & troubleshooting
You will then work on your own gorgeous cushion using all the skills you have learnt.
Bring your own machine or learn on my Elna, Pfaff or Brother sewing machines.
Skill level: No experience necessary
When: Evening & weekend classes available
Timings: Each class is 2 hours (1:1) or 2.5 hours (1:2)
Cost: £45 – fabric, thread and cushion pad provided plus a lovely cup of tea and a slice of cake (yum!)
To book: email – email@example.com or contact me using the contact form. Look forward to hearing from you!