We have an exciting opportunity for an organised and motivated individual to assist the founder of The Avid Seamstress, Lisa Falconer, on a variety of tasks across the operational side of the business. It’s a great chance to join our brand at a busy and exciting time and would be perfect for someone with a genuine passion for sewing and our products.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone who loves the sewing world so any knowledge of the sewing industry and any sewing experience would be advantageous, although not essential.
This is a part-time position based in Enfield, London. The hours are approximately 12-16 hours per week preferably spread over 3-4 days. We expect that the hours may increase during busy periods and decrease during quiet periods.
The Avid Seamstress is a London-based sewing pattern company dedicated to helping modern women enjoy the art of sewing. We produce versatile & multi-functional sewing patterns that are not only stylish and practical but also patterns that aim to bring together a community of women who empower and inspire each other through sewing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Location – Enfield, North London
Salary – based on experience
We’re looking for someone that is flexible, with an enthusiastic can-do attitude who can carry out a variety of tasks including:
- packing printed sewing patterns stock (this includes light manual work lifting boxes up to 15kg)
- fulfilling orders via our e-commerce website
- fulfilling wholesale orders (this includes light manual work lifting boxes up to 15kg)
- taking the post to the post office (this includes light manual work lifting boxes up to 15kg / small/medium boxes – access to a car is essential)
- dropping off wholesale orders at the depot (this includes light manual work lifting boxes up to 15kg – access to a car is essential)
- running errands such as shopping for supplies
- cutting and preparing fabric for workshops, cutting fabric and putting together sewing kits
- proofreading blog articles & instruction books
- working at industry craft shows
- managing invoices
- tidying and keeping the studio organised
- tracing sewing patterns
- sewing samples if you have the necessary skills
- other tasks as required
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You will have an incredible eye for detail, ensuring that each task you undertake is done to the highest level. Multi-tasking is the core of this role and our ideal candidate should be able to adapt accordingly to the daily needs of the business while exploring opportunities to add value to the role.
- attention to detail
- able to take instruction and work to a deadline
- happy to work alone and use initiative
- good numeracy skills
- computer literate
- good communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attach a copy of your current CV as well as a covering letter telling us about yourself, why you are interested in the role and what you feel you could bring to the position
- Please detail any sewing experience that you have
- Closing date Friday 27 October 2017